Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Best practices for dashboards, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Though building Dashboards takes a bit of creativity,…there is as much a science to it as an art.…There is some key Best Practices for designing…and building Tableau Dashboards.…So, really our five key Design Principles,…you need relevant metrics.…We want to make it visual. We want to make it interactive.…We want to make it easy to use.…We always want to focus on improving it.…So, the first one, you need to pick Relevant Metrics.…At the heart of it, Dashboards are a visual tool…to help people view and interpret data.…But, we also want to make sure that our metrics matter.…This really fits in with our design process,…but it's important to get stakeholders involved,…so that we can identify the metrics to be…included in our Dashboard.…
So, we want to get our stakeholders involved early,…even before, maybe, we even start analyzing the data.…And, we want to remember if it doesn't get measured,…it doesn't get improved.…So, we only want to focus on the metrics…that we're interested in improving or taking action on.…
- Building worksheets to feed dashboards
- Formatting data
- Creating visuals
- Creating calculated fields and sets
- Designing the dashboard
- Adding interactive parameters
- Keeping your Tableau dashboard up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
Up and Running with Excel What-If Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 10m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity with Parameters
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.