Dashboard elements can be formatted like other Tableau worksheet objects. In this video, learn how to arrange and resize dashboard elements.
- [Instructor] After you created a Dashboard in Tableau, … you can change its options … so it fits your needs more effectively. … This Dashboard, … which you find in the 1302 at a dashboard sample file, … has four areas. … I have a custom map, … and then sales by product and a table and scroll down … you see a tree map for sales by product name … and then a side-by-side vertical bar … or a column chart showing sales … by product category also broken down by year. … There are a number of ways that I can affect the appearance … and layout of this Dashboard. … If I go over to the dashboard task pane, … I see that I currently have default as my device. … I could also change the phone, I'll do that later. … If I want to change the size of the screen … that I'm designing for, I can do that. … Right now I have my size set for a desktop browser … of 1000 pixels by 800 pixels. … If I'm working with a browser with higher resolution, … then I could change those measurements. … I can either type them in manually, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.