Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying design requirements, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau 10.
- [Instructor] So after doing the analysis of our data,…we want to pick some Design Requirements…that will guide us through our Dashboard design process.…So earlier, we talked a lot about the overall process…and really setting your requirements first was a must.…So now that we know which metrics…are going to be most important for our layout,…we just want to formalize our initial draft…of Design Requirements.…So first of all, we want to focus on our Key Metrics.…What are going to be the Key Metrics for our Dashboard?…And that really has turned out to be…overall Internet Usage, Mobile Phone Usage, and GDP.…
We also want to focus on an overall Trend, right?…So how has internet usage changed over time?…What can we learn about from that trending information?…We also really want to identify the Up and Comers.…That's part of the overall piece…that we want to figure out is,…where do we think things are going to continue to grow?…And so how do we identify those groups?…And then we also want to make sure…that we've got Flexibility in our Dashboard.…
- Sketching your designs
- Formatting data
- Creating cross-data joins
- Creating visuals
- Grouping data
- Using stories vs. tabs
- Changing chart measures and types with interactive parameters
- Making iterations and improvements on your Tableau dashboard design
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization: Storytellingwith Bill Shander1h 37m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.