Text boxes are worksheet objects you can use to add information to the worksheet data. In this video, learn how to annotate a visualization.
- [Narrator] Visualizations are terrific … at summarizing data, … but there will be times when you need to add a comment … to a chart to explain something not communicated directly … by the raw data. … For example, you might want to note that a particular … product was only introduced later in a year … or within a product cycle, and that could affect … the values that you see. … In this movie, I will show you how to add an annotation … to a visualization. … My sample file is 1101 Annotation, and you can find that … in the chapter 11 folder of your exercise files collection. … In this workbook, I have a single worksheet, … and I have visualized product sales by quantity … based on product category and product name. … Specifically, I want to focus on the assortment, … which is here in the case section. … For the purposes of this movie, I'm assuming … that this product was added later in the data collection … period that we are visualizing here. … And I want to note that. … To add an annotation to a specific part of a visualization, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.