Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Analyzing data to determine dashboard design, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Once our data is in Tableau…we may have a good idea of overall target,…but before building our dashboard…we can also do some quick analysis…to help plan out our dashboard…and identify the right metrics.…So, we know that internet usage…is probably one of our leading indicators for the likelihood…of people to pursue online education…or at least it's a fundamental step.…So, we've got a lot of extra measures included here.…I've dropped a few other pieces into the data file,…because when picking up this task…I wasn't totally sure of the data that I'd need,…but after scanning through the data fields,…saw a few that I thought might be useful…in understanding overall internet trends…or helping us to predict future changes.…
So, you can see down here on the measures…those additional fields that have been dropped in.…And so, to help us determine some of these relationships…we can also use the Show Me or some of the charts…to do a quick analysis around some of these measures…to help see what is going to work.…So, let's go ahead and drop in our Internet Usage Ratio…
- Building worksheets to feed dashboards
- Formatting data
- Creating visuals
- Creating calculated fields and sets
- Designing the dashboard
- Adding interactive parameters
- Keeping your Tableau dashboard up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
Up and Running with Excel What-If Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 10m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity with Parameters
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.