Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Analyze and report results, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- Once all of those who are going to respond…to your scorecard survey have completed…and submitted theirs, it's time to compile…and analyze the overall results.…The very nature of enterprise data management…and architecture requires that you take a broad brush…to the subject, yet at the same time,…you need to focus with laser-like precision…on specific problem areas, otherwise you run the risk…of trying to tackle way too much at once…or perhaps focusing on the wrong areas…that might actually be working reasonably well today,…rather than the most pressing problems in the environment.…
Is it even possible to work on the next generation…of an enterprise scale architecture at the same time…that you hone in on perhaps just a handful of problem areas?…The answer's yes, and that's where your scorecards come in.…As you compile the results, you will be able to clearly see…the most pressing problem areas or hot spots…in your overall enterprise data architecture.…Recall that you've taken a look…at your overall data environment today.…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.