Crosstabs display data in rows and columns, to which you can add summaries. In this video, learn how to add totals and subtotals to a crosstab.
- [Instructor] Tableau let's you visualize your … data in many different ways. … That said, there are times when you want … to focus on the data itself. … In this movie I will show you how to augment … a cross-tab, by adding totals and subtotals. … My sample file is the 08_03_Totals workbook. … And you can find it in the chapter eight folder … of the exercise files collection. … In this workbook I have a single worksheet, … and on it you see that I have a cross-tab … with sales broken down by product category, … then product name, … and then in the column headers I have the year … and the quarter. … What I don't have are any summaries. … I just have the individual values. … Let's say that I want to add subtotals … for my rows and my columns. … To do that I can go to the analysis menu, … point to totals, and from here I have … a lot of options. … I can show row grand totals, … column grand totals, or I can shift row totals … to the left instead of to the right … where they usually appear. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.