Tableau lets you summarize data in tables, to which you can add custom calculations. In this video, learn how to add a table calculation.
- [Instructor] Gathering your data…into a Tableau table lets you discover…important insights about your data.…You can enhance your tables by adding table calculations…that summarize the data you already have available.…These summaries provide an overview of your data…and help you make decisions about sales and operations.…I'll demonstrate how to create table calculations…in this field.…My sample file is the 04_04_Calculated workbook…and you can find that in the Chapter Four folder…of the exercise files collection.…
This workbook contains a single worksheet…and on it I have a table.…I've broken down products by product category…and by product name based on sales.…I have the lowest sales on top so the smallest number,…and it trends down to the highest number.…If I want to add a table calculation…I can go to the Marks card and click,…in this case, the sum of quantity calculation.…
And then almost all the way at the bottom…of the shortcut menu I can click Add Table Calculation.…When I do, the Table Calculation dialog box appears.…
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.