Tableau map options let you control which elements of the map are displayed. In this video, learn how to add and remove map layers.
- [Instructor] After you create a map in Tableau,…you can add layers of information…from publicly available data sources.…I'll demonstrate how to do that in this movie.…My sample file is 12 02 map layers,…and you can find it in the chapter 12 folder…of the exercise files collection.…I have created a map based on zip code…and one thing that I want to point out…is that at the bottom right corner,…you will see that there are 11 unknown locations.…If you click that button,…the specials values for zip code dialog box comes up.…
Zip code is the name of the field,…and there are number of things you can do.…You can filter the data, show data at the default position,…null values are set to zero,…or you can go to edit locations.…I'll click that.…When you do, you see a list of the zip codes…and if you scroll down,…you see ones that are recognized and at the top,…there are 11 that are unrecognized.…which, honestly, is probably you,…would need to go in…and make sure the zip codes were entered correctly.…
In this case, I'll just leave it as it is…
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.