Windows Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) requires the onboarding of Windows 10 devices which report suspicious activity, including zero days, to the Microsoft Azure cloud. Using a web-based interface, technicians can determine if there are alerts, and email notifications can also be configured.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll cover Windows…Advanced Threat Protection,…otherwise called ATP.…Windows Advanced Threat Protection is really specific…to Windows 10, and it does work in conjunction…with the system's Center Endpoint Protection client.…Although it can work with other solutions as well.…The idea with Advanced Threat Protection…is that data gets collected from Windows 10 devices…and gets sent up into the Cloud in Microsoft Azure.…The purpose is to detect zero-day attacks.…
Zero-day attacks are the scary ones…because there is no known signature…that we can compare against it…to stop it from happening.…And zero-day also means this is a vulnerability…that is being exploited that isn't even known…by the vendor of the software.…So there's no known signature…and often with zero-day attacks we've got Malware actions…that can actually occur across multiple machines…not just one.…So if we're looking at this from an individual…machine by machine basis, looking for suspicious activity,…we might totally miss this kind of zero-day attack.…
- Malware types
- Getting Endpoint Protection up and running
- Deploying the SCEP Windows client
- Removing malware on a SCEP client
- Configuring custom policies
- Planning an update strategy
- Windows firewall settings
- Using PowerShell cmdlets for monitoring
Skill Level Beginner
1. Defining Malware Types
2 Getting Endpoint Protection Up and Running
3. Endpoint Protection Policies
4. Monitoring Endpoint Protection
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.