It's important to verify a fresh new installation of any product including Orchestrator. In this video Dan demonstrates how to ensure the installation was successful.
- In this demonstration…I'll go through a few steps…just to verify that our Orchestrator installation succeeded…and that things are working correctly.…The first thing I'll do…is go into my SQL Server Management Studio…on my server.…The Orchestrator server and the SQL server…in my configuration…happen to be the same computer.…But they certainly don't have to be.…So I'm going to scroll down to Microsoft SQL Server 2014…and fire up the Management Studio tool…and I'll just authenticate with Window's credentials…that I'm logged into this host with…and we can see under Databases indeed,…we've got an Orchestrator Database.…
Okay, good.…That's there.…Let's go into the start menu.…Here I can see I've got my…Microsoft System Center 2016 program group…and we've got a couple of Orchestrator tools.…For instance, I'm going to start the deployment manager.…That seems to have fired up nicely.…And if I were to click Runbook Servers on the left…we can see we've got one Runbook server.…It's our first server.…We could of course add more…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.