There are times PowerShell is needed to retrieve detailed information. In this demo Dan shows how to verify whether the IIS service is running, and if not, how to list effected websites and port bindings.
- [Instructor] Most organizations these days…depend on the availability of a web service…or a web application.…In this demo, we're going to take a look…at how to monitor and verify…that the Microsoft IIS web server service is running.…Now if it's not running, what we want to do…is retrieve a list of affected websites and port numbers…that were hosted when ISS was running.…Then we want to write that to an event log message…as an error.…Depending on other products or integration packs…we have installed, we could even continue that further…and notify via, perhaps sending an SMS text message…and so on.…
And if we wanted to check the status of, for instance…the Apache web server engine and do the same type of thing…on Linux, absolutely possible…using Orchestrator runbooks.…In the Runbook Designer, I'll start…by right clicking on my course demo's build folder…over on the left, and I'll choose new Runbook.…That's adds new Runbook at the top as a tab,…I'll click on that, press F2…to rename it of course, I'll check it out,…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.