Learn how to create a virtual machine template in Virtual Machine Manager. This allows you to create multiple virtual machines at the same time with similar installations.
- [Instructor] We're going to take the virtual machine…we created in a previous video,…and we're going to turn it into a template.…And what a template does is it allows us to use…a virtual machine we've already created and redeploy that…to multiple, different virtual machine hosts…without having to create it from scratch.…So we're not doing anything with this particular…virtual machine at all,…so let's go ahead and create a template out of it.…So go to the Create option in the top left,…and choose to Create VM Template.…
It's going to give us a message that this is going…to destroy the source virtual machine itself.…This is the same as running Sysprep,…which comes with every version of Windows.…It strips out all the user ID information…and basically turns it into a very…generic virtual machine with no settings whatsoever in it.…Let's go ahead and choose Yes, we don't mind doing that.…And we'll give it the name VMTemplate.…I'll click Next.…
And the options that you see here are all grayed out…because this is just basically copying…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.