Learn about the various components that make up the Virtual Machine Manager library. This is a repository for templates and files that allow the creation of virtual machines that apply specific standards to each virtual machine deployed.
- [Narrator] The Virtual Machine Manager Library…is a catalog of resources that provides access…to file-based resources, as well as other resources.…Let's take a look and see what those are.…Let's start with the file-based resources.…They include virtual hard disks, floppy disks,…ISO images, scripts, driver files, and application packages.…To be used in Virtual Machine Manager,…a file must be added to the library.…Application packages are a type of resource…that is used for service creation.…
These application packages include…SQL server data tier applications, web-deployed packages,…and server app-v packages.…You can also store driver files that are used…during deployment of an operating system…when you use your Virtual Machine Manager…to convert a bare metal computer to a managed hyper-v host.…Templates and profiles are used to standardize the creation…of virtual machines and services.…These configurations are stored…in the Virtual Machine Manager Library.…
Also stored are host profiles, which are used for deploying…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.