Learn about the history of Virtual Machine Manager and how it relates to virtual machines in the Microsoft System Center product line.
- [Instructor] What is System Center…Virtual Machine Manager?…System Center Virtual Machine Manager…is Microsoft's virtual machine support center…for Windows-based systems.…Virtual Machine Manager is Microsoft's focus on efficiency…with features to help administrators…consolidate multiple physical servers…within a centralized environment.…What this means is it allows us to manage virtual machines,…create virtual machines and deploy them,…but it also gives us a way to manage the physical machines…that deploy the virtual machines.…
This is a very powerful tool from Microsoft…and many administrators take advantage of this tool…and we definitely recommend this…for many different organizations.…So let's take a look at the history…of Virtual Machine Manager and how we got here.…In 2004, Microsoft came out with Virtual Server.…This was the first product that allowed us…to not only manage the virtual machines,…but also the physical machines…that host the virtual machines.…In 2006, Microsoft came out with the Virtual Server 2005 R2…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.