Join David M. Franklyn for an in-depth discussion in this video System Center 2016 Configuration Manager benefits, part of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Essential Training.
- [Narrator] With Configuration Manager current branch, organizations can enable their employees to choose devises, unify management infrastructure, and simplify IT administration. IT can deliver and manage system application experiences for employees based on their corporate identity, network connectivity, and device type, helping maintain productivity as employees using various devices throughout their day. Through a single infrastructure administrative console, IT can manage PCs, servers, mobile devices, end-point protection, and virtual machines across various platforms including Windows, Lennox Unix, Mac OS10, IOS, and Android.
Users can self-provision applications through a company portal and check for compliance. Users can view, install, and run corporate applications across devices including corporate line-of-business applications, web applications, and links to IT-recommended applications available from public application stores. Users often request an application only when they discover that they have an immediate need for it. However, if your organization employees traditional processes and methods for application installation, this could mean that your users have to wait several days for software installation.
If you use the configuration manager application management features, you can accelerate this process so that users can request and receive software more reliably and efficiently. Configuration manager in Intune enables you to streamline operations by consolidating all client management security in a single infrastructure. Additionally, when you use the configuration manager asset management features the IT staff can plan and manage business computing resources and licenses effectively.
Configuration manager makes it easier and faster for you to keep systems well-managed and compliant. You can provide frequent and easier to install updates. Since Windows 10 is moving faster in its upgrade cycles than ever, configuration manager is a design with more frequent and easier to install updates directly from the management console to support new Windows configuration manager and mobile device management capabilities at a much faster pace.
Configuration manager also includes the Microsoft System Center end-point protection feature that can help mitigate some of the security risks you might encounter. However, the evolving nature of Internet threats present a challenge for any protection software to block every potential issue. Configuration managers compliance management feature helps alleviate potential threats when you ensure that your users have the proper versions of software installed and configured properly.
- Planning and deploying a standalone primary site
- Ensuring domain and site server prerequisites
- Planning and expanding a standalone primary site
- Planning and deploying a multiple-site hierarchy
- Planning resource discovery and client deployment
- Managing content and replicating data in Configuration Manager
- Configuring Internet and cloud-based client management
- Advanced monitoring
- Upgrading to Configuration Manager current branch