Learn how to set up logical and virtual machine networks in Virtual Machine Manager. This video also demonstrates both the automatic and manual setup and describes the reason for each type.
- [Narrator] In the previous video,…we created a logical network and that's the network…that will automatically be assigned to any new virtual…machine in the host group to which we assign it.…In this case, we assigned it to the Portland host group.…Let's go back to our logical network…and now when you do assign in IP pool…and what the IP pool does is it automatically assigns…the first IP address to the first virtual machine…in the pool; it's very similar to a DHCP server,…but it's only for virtual machines…using Virtual Machine Manager.…
So, let's create our first IP pool.…We'll go ahead and click on Networking…and click the Create IP Pool button…and we'll call it the Portland Pool,…so go ahead and make sure it's…assigned to the logical network…Portland Subnet; otherwise, they won't match up…in the same subnet, so go ahead and click Next…and we can see here that we're going to use an existing…networking site and we see our subnet is already in place;…and that's exactly the subnet we're going to be using,…so we can go ahead and click Next.…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.