Learn how to use a scale-out file share in Virtual Machine Manager. This allows more than one server to connect to the same file share in a cluster at the same time for high availability.
- [Instructor] A Scale-Out file server is a feature…that's designed to provide Scale-Out file shares…that are continuously available for…file based server application storage.…Scale-Out file shares provide the ability…to share the same folder form multiple…nodes of the same cluster and remember a node…is just another name for a server.…And what this means is that if we have a shared…folder that can be accessed by multiple nodes…and one of those nodes goes down,…then by adding a Scale-Out file cluster,…it allows us to have that other server…take over that shared data and continue…to server the clients without any down time.…
So that's what we're going to set up right now using VM host 2.…Now just to confirm that we have the proper…feature installed, let's minimize Virtual Machine…Manager and in our Server Manager, go to add roles and…features and we're going to click next on all these…defaults until we get to features themselves.…Make sure that the Failover Clustering roll is…installed on the server or servers…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.