Orchestrator runbooks will not solve every IT problem. Knowing when to automate tasks is key, and Dan covers common uses of runbooks in this video.
- [Instructor] In this video, the focus…will be on runbook planning…in System Center Orchestrator 2016.…Runbooks allow us to automate our environment…so we're going to take a look at some runbook use cases…and they are plenty.…The first thing we have to think about…is what is the purpose of a runbook?…What does it do?…It's purpose is related to automation.…So that we can automate things…like time-consuming repetitive tasks.…And we all know that when it comes to time,…there's a dollar value associated with the amount of time…it takes to complete a task.…
We can also automate any tasks on one or more computers.…And there are many different types of activities.…And that's where integration packs come in.…Integration packs provide even additional activities…that we can build into our runbooks.…For example, we have built in activities…such as monitoring the disk space on a remote computer.…However, we don't by default have activities…related Azure Cloud management.…But with integration packs,…we would get those additional activities.…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.