Runbook workflows are executed by runbook servers. Your environment could consist of multiple runbook servers depending on required capacity and high availability needs. This video sheds light on how runbook servers are managed.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we talked about the System Center…Orchestrator Database and its role.…In this video we'll focus on Runbook Servers and their role.…When you install System Center Orchestrator,…you get one runbook server if you do a default installation,…but we can end up with multiple runbook servers.…After installation, we can create multiple runbook servers…by using the Deployment Manager GUI tool,…and when we do that, we can also specify…the integration packs that we want deployed…to the newly created runbook server.…
Integration packs give us…additional runbook activity capabilities,…and normally we use multiple runbook servers for things like…the ability to run concurrent runbook executions…and for fail over or load balancing…to another runbook server, and because of that,…you usually want to make sure that the runbook servers…have the same integration packs deployed to them.…To begin the process of deploying a runbook server,…we need to start the Deployment Manager tool,…so here in my Orchestrator Server, I'll go to the Start menu…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.