A careful examination of tasks that could potentially be automated, along with planning each step of a workflow results in effective runbooks that save time and money. In this video find out how to get the most out of runbooks based on best practices.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll go over…Runbook best practices.…As with any IT solutions, there are specific ways…to approach how to solve problems using tools…that are more effective than others,…and that's the kind of thing that we're going…to talk about here.…Let's start with Runbook Planning.…Before we actually start using the Runbook Designer…to create a solution to automate something,…we want to make sure that we've carefully thought…it through first.…So for instance within the organization,…we have to consider which processes need improvement.…
And when we define processes that could benefit…from automation using Orchestrator Runbooks,…we then would start gathering requirements.…Things like determining input and output values…whether it's automatically supplied…through our activities or whether we're prompting…the user to enter in something like a computer name…or a user name.…We also have to think about whether or not we need…to use integration packs.…Integration Packs give us additional Runbook activities.…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.