The Runbook Designer is used to author and test Orchestrator runbooks. Learn how to deploy the Runbook Designer and how to manage runbooks.
- [Voiceover] In this video, I'll talk about the…Orchestrator Runbook Designer in System Center 2016.…Specifically, we'll do an overview of the Runbook Designer.…The Runbook Designer is used to manage runbooks…and the activities within them.…So using the tool, we can create runbooks,…modify runbooks, and delete runbooks.…The Runbook Tester is also built into the designer tool.…Every now and then you'll get runbooks…that are much larger and more complex in terms…of the number of activities and the interaction…between them within the runbook.…
And so it can be helpful to test them…as we're building them.…However, when we test a runbook,…we are still actually executing it.…It's not running in a simulation.…So therefore, if our runbook actually,…for instance, deletes data, when we test it,…it is actually deleting that data.…Another good benefit of the designer tester is that…we can step through our runbook by setting breakpoints.…So essentially, it's a debugger…that we would use for more complex runbooks.…Pictured on the screen, we can see that when we use…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.