Antimalware policies configuring in the SCCM console can be configured to handle detected malware, such as the quarantine or permanent removal of infections.
- [Narrator] In this demonstration, we're going to take a look,…in real time, to see how System Center Endpoint Protection…client, deals with detected malware.…Here on my Windows 7 station, I've got a shortcut…on my desktop for a folder called Live Malware,…where I've actually got live malware.…It's the Zeus Zbot rootkit banking trojan.…Now, you don't want to be unleashing this…in a home or a work network, unless you are…extremely careful, just to be safe,…we don't want to infect other hosts on the network,…so it's not recommended that we do this at all.…
However, here I've got a virtual machine with…no network connections to anything.…Now, back in 2009, the Zeus trojan was pretty nasty,…because it infected more than 70,000 computers,…at companies such as Bank of America, Amazon, even at NASA.…And the Zeus trojan serves as a keylogger,…where it can capture what we're typing in,…even for online banking for instance.…Plus, it was used to launch the Cryptolocker ransomware.…So it's pretty nasty stuff.…So what we're going to do to test this,…
- Malware types
- Getting Endpoint Protection up and running
- Deploying the SCEP Windows client
- Removing malware on a SCEP client
- Configuring custom policies
- Planning an update strategy
- Windows firewall settings
- Using PowerShell cmdlets for monitoring
Skill Level Beginner
1. Defining Malware Types
2 Getting Endpoint Protection Up and Running
3. Endpoint Protection Policies
4. Monitoring Endpoint Protection
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.