Learn how create a template and deploy a virtual machine quickly in Virtual Machine Manager 2016. This can assist an administrator in getting a virtual machine into production as quickly as possible with the least amount of effort.
- [Voiceover] Rapid Provisioning provides a method…for deploying new virtual machines to storage arrays…without the requirement for copying virtual machines…over the network.…Virtual machine manager enables you to take advantage…of your storage area network infrastructure…for cloning virtual machines…and use a virtual machine template to customize…the guest operating system.…This is called Rapid Provisioning.…Let's take a look to see how that's done.…So on the library, on the left-hand side,…we're going to click VMTemplatesServer2016…and here we have a couple of different images…and one of them is going to be the VM for Portland.…
Let's right-click on that and choose…to create a virtual machine.…We'll give it the name,…PortlandAccounting…it's going to be our new accounting server.…We can choose generation 1 or generation 2.…For compatibility reasons generation 1 is usually…the best way to go.…Go ahead and click next.…And now we're going to choose the Hyper-V server,…cause that's what we're doing…is hosting Hyper-V servers at this point.…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.