The creation of user accounts and everything that goes along with this task is a prime candidate for automation. Save time and reduce errors by checking out how Active Directory user creation can be streamlined with an Orchestrator runbook.
- [Narrator] Every organization at some point…needs to deal with user provisioning.…And we can automate that rather easily…using an orchestrator run book.…When we think about this automation…in System Center Orchestrator 2016,…we have to remember that this requires…us to do some active directory configuration…within the run book designer.…So we have to have the correct credentials…and have the FQDN of the domain controller…to connect to and so on.…Which we've seen in another demo.…That also implies that we have…to have, at some point, installed…and deployed the active directory integration pack.…
Now we have to consider what information…would be required to properly…provision a user against our specific organizational needs.…For instance, we might require the last name…and first name of the user.…Maybe a password, unless that gets generated randomly.…Maybe a department, maybe a manager.…And that all might be entered at the time…the run book is executed.…Or it could be fed into a run book activity…by maybe reading a file.…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.