Learn how to create a private cloud in Virtual Machine Manager. The private cloud is deployed using an organization’s own hardware to leverage the advantages of the private cloud model.
- [Narrator] A private cloud is a cloud that's provisioned…and managed on-premises by an organization.…There's several reasons for creating a private cloud.…If you're running short of hard drive space in your library…or on a host server, you can use the extra storage capacity…from another host to add resources for the servers…that don't have enough.…It also allows us to set up resources for self-service users…we discussed in a previous video.…They won't need to understand the underlying technology…in order to use it, so it makes training much easier…for self-service users.…
So on the left-hand side, let's click on VMs and Services…and at the top we're going to click Clouds.…Right click and choose to create a cloud.…We'll call this the PortlandCloud and click Next.…So let's go ahead and choose the Portland host group…to go with it, click Next.…Let's choose our default virtual switch.…Click Next and we're not going to be…load balancing this for the cloud.…We'll go ahead and click Next.…We don't have an VIP templates at this time.…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.