Learn how to prepare an SCCM site for an operating system deployment. SCCM can automatically push out a Windows operating system to a blank hard drive at a time and date of your choosing.
- [Instructor] System center configuration manager…can not only push out applications to operating systems,…but it can also push out the operating systems themselves.…Lets take a look at the steps to prepare…for operating system deployment.…We'll first talk about images.…Configuration manager provides two default boot images.…One to support the x86 or 32-bit platform,…and one to support the x64 or 64-bit platform.…When a boot image is based on the WinPE version…from the supported version…of the Windows assessment deployment kit,…you can customize or modify a boot image from the console.…
Operating system images and configuration manager…are stored in the Windows imaging or WIM file format.…The default operating system image install.wim is included…with the Windows operating system installation files.…This image is a basic operating system image…that contains a standard set of drivers.…When you use the default operating system image,…you can install apps, and make other configurations after…the operating system installs, by using task sequence steps.…
Note: Existing knowledge of Windows Servers and basic networking is recommended prior to watching this course.
- Creating device and user collections
- Configuring maintenance windows
- Configuring resource discovery
- Distributing content
- Creating queries and reports
- Deploying operating systems
- Maintaining the management infrastructure