Runbook authors use the Runbook Designer tool to author and test runbooks. Basic management tasks can be done elsewhere. In this video Dan explains how basic runbook management and monitoring is done using the Orchestration console.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I'll talk about the Orchestration Console.…In an Orchestrator environment,…we can install the Orchestration Console…during the installation process as seen in the screenshot.…So we've got a check mark where we can opt…to install the Orchestration Console and Web Service…on the server or not.…Now when we actually have it installed afterwards,…if we actually want to connect to the Orchestration Console,…we can do that using a web browser that supports Silverlight…from a client operating system or a server operating system.…
Now there are two TCP ports that correspond…with the Orchestration Console and the Web Service.…The console installs as an IIS website with the binding…for TCP port 82, and the Web Service uses port 81.…Now the console is what the Orchestration Console tool…connects to, that website.…The Web Service, which we'll talk about in detail…in another video,…really allows rest-based web service access through a URL.…The Orchestration Console then is a web-based…management tool where we can manage Runbooks,…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.