Join Daniel Lachance for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning System Center 2016 Orchestrator.
- [Daniel] If you've made it this far…through the course, you're probably feeling pretty confident…and knowledgeable about System Center Orchestrator 2016.…But there's always more.…So some other considerations on where to go next…would include thinking about exploring runbook activities…that are available.…And that could also mean downloading, installing,…and deploying relevant Integration Packs…from which those activities stem.…So get used to what's available in runbook activities,…so you don't reinvent the wheel, for example,…by writing a PowerShell script.…
Then we should be thinking about…further automation integration.…And really what I'm talking about here…is looking at products,…like System Center Service Manager (SCSM),…which gives us pretty much a web portal self-service tool,…which can serve as a front end…for our Orchestrator automation,…through runbooks we would've built…the way we've discussed in this course.…So, also, what comes with that…is the SCSM Integration Pack.…Again, it would be worth exploring the activities…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.