Learn how to manage content distribution. Explore the many ways to do this, using one or more SCCM servers. Find out the best way for you to perform your type of management.
- [Instructor] System Center Configuration Manager…has the ability to push out applications…to PC's and servers.…As you can see here, in SCCM, we're in the software library,…and the applications area.…Before we get into this, we need to make our application…available on a UNC path.…Let's go ahead and minimize our SCCM monitor.…And let's right click and choose a new folder.…I'm gonna call this, Software.…And I'll drag our MSI of PuTTY into that folder.…
Now, I'll right click on the folder.…I'm gonna share it, so it's available on the network…through universal naming convention.…Click Advanced Sharing.…Permissions.…Everyone gets full permissions.…You can certainly lock these down…to something less than that but, just to make sure…we don't have any errors during our deployment,…I'm gonna go ahead and give everyone full permissions.…Go ahead and check names and full control,…so our Security and our Sharing tabs are both taken care of.…Now, just to confirm that it works the way we want it to,…we can just go to our File Explorer…
Note: Existing knowledge of Windows Servers and basic networking is recommended prior to watching this course.
- Creating device and user collections
- Configuring maintenance windows
- Configuring resource discovery
- Distributing content
- Creating queries and reports
- Deploying operating systems
- Maintaining the management infrastructure