Learn about support for adding VMware hosts and virtual machines in Virtual Machine Manager 2016. It's as easy as adding the vCenter Server and then adding the vSphere hosts and virtual machines.
- [Instructor] Virtual Machine Manager supports…VMware virtual machines.…Supported in 2017, as well as older versions, 2012 and 2008,…you are able to add a VMware server host…and add virtual machines directly…from Virtual Machine Manager.…You must first add a vCenter Server.…This is a centralized management server…that manages virtual machines,…and it does so on a Windows Server computer.…
Once you add the vCenter Server,…you can then add the vSphere host.…The hosts are the ones…that host the virtual machines in VMware.…And the vCenter Server can combine multiple hosts all…into one management center.…Using VMware with Virtual Machine Manager,…you can save time by importing templates from vCenter.…If you've created templates that you've used…for redeploying the same type of virtual machine,…you can also import those into Virtual Machine Manager…and use them there.…
You can also set up a servicing window…so the virtual machines can be deployed and managed,…all in a time that works for you.…Once you create a virtual machine,…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.