Learn how to manage the Virtual Machine hosts you added in a previous video. This sets up the hosts to properly manage the virtual machines using their available resources.
- [Instructor] In previous videos we installed…Virtual Machine Manager and created host groups and hosts.…Now I'm going to show you,…how to manage the hosts.…Let's start by moving our host from the all hosts group,…into the Portland group.…We simply select the host, and click on move to host group.…And then, from there we'll choose one…of the host groups, in the list.…We'll go ahead and drop it into Portland, and click OK.…
Now we'll click on Portland and we see,…that our host is in the Portland group.…Let's go ahead and right click, on the host.…And we can see a lot of different options…that we can choose.…Some are grayed out, because we cannot choose them.…And others are available to us.…So let's start by taking a look…at the properties.…When we go to properties we can see information such as,…the processor, the amount of memory,…the storage that it has, operating system, et cetera.…
We click on status, and we take a look at the health status.…And if it has any kinds of problems,…then we can click and we can choose the repair.…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.