Learn what is required for hardware and software for installing the Virtual Machine Manager. Some requirements are just for the console, while others are for running the application.
- [Instructor] Prior to our installing…Virtual Machine Manager, we want to make sure…we have the right operating system, software,…and hardware specs in order to properly install.…The first thing we want to do is have…Windows Server 2012 R2 or 2016,…and that's in order to use Virtual Machine Manager 2016.…The next thing is we want to make sure our clients…are at least Windows 8.1 or newer.…Now, if you have Windows 8.0, it is a free upgrade to 8.1…simply by going to the Windows Updates area.…
We also want to make sure we have SQL 2012 SP2 or newer,…and the SQL Database is used to hold all the information,…such as the libraries and scripts and settings,…things like that, that we need to use over and over again.…And it needs to be held in a database,…such as Microsoft SQL 2012 SP2 or newer.…We also need to have PowerShell Version 5…or 4 if you're just using the console.…Now, in order to find out what version…of PowerShell you have,…you can go ahead and type the command that you see there.…
We need to have a Virtual Machine Manager guest agent.…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.