With proper planning, manual and automated installations of Orchestrator can be straightforward. Dan shows how to properly install an Orchestrator environment in this video.
- [Instructor] In this video, I will install…a System Center 2016 Orchestrator environment.…The first thing I'll do here on my Server 2016…computer is take a look at my SQL Server configuration.…Now the SQL server does not have to be…the same host where you'll be installing Orchestrator…but in my case it is.…So my host is called Serve 2016 dash one…and down under databases, I don't see anything…that looks like it's an Orchestrator database…and that makes sense because I've not yet installed it.…
I'm just going to go ahead and keep this open…so that after the installation we can refresh…that screen and see if the Orchestrator database shows up.…You can acquire the System Center Orchestrator…installation media on the Microsoft.com website…by going to the TechNet Evaluation Center…like I've done here.…So if I scroll down on this page,…we'll see that we've got the option…to register for a System Center 2016 evaluation…that's good for 180 days.…But before we can download, we need to register.…
So I'm going to go ahead and click the Register…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.