The core of automating tasks with Orchestrator lies in the Runbook Designer. Find out how to work with the Runbook Designer tool and various runbook activities.
- In this demonstration, I'll take a look…at the Runbook Designer Tool.…Here in my orchestrator server, if I go into…the Start menu, I'll see that I have the…Runbook Designer Tool available.…Now, remember that the Runbook Designer…is one of those components that can be…installed apart from everything else…even on a client OS, but here on my…server I'm going to launch that tool.…Now when I launch the Runbook Designer…it needs to make a connection to a…management server, and that's what…you're seeing in the upper left panel.…Here it's called Serve 2016-1.…
If I were to go to the Actions menu in…the upper left I could disconnect from…that management server.…I'll choose yes, then everything disappears…in the left hand panel.…Of course, I could then go to the actions…menu and chose connect and specify the server,…the management server I want to link to,…because remember that the Runbook Designer…doesn't talk directly to the orchestrator…database, rather it does that indirectly…through the management server.…So I'll specify that here and I'll click connect.…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.