Learn about SCCM deployment benefits. Operating system deployment and User State Migration allow you to reinstall a computer and restore the user profile quickly and easily.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at some of the advantages of System Center Configuration Manager when it comes to the benefits of software deployment. We have a centralized location to manage. SCCM provides this location to manage all of your assets, you no longer need to manage devices individually, which can be very time consuming, or use expensive third party applications. We can push out software to many devices all at once. This also includes Windows updates and non-Microsoft software installations. These devices can be divided up by department, operating system, geography, and more, so software goes to the devices you need and not the ones that don't.
Keeping a software inventory can be a difficult thing, and noncompliance can cause thousands of dollars to remediate. System Center Configuration Manager inventory can report to the administrator all the software that's been deployed so it can be compared to the amount of licenses you have purchased. If we choose the automatic software push, no actions are necessary by the user to have software installed. System Center Configuration Manager allows automatic pushes by system administrators, eliminating the need to convince all users to install it.
These installations can be scheduled allowing periodic software updates and upgrades while taking the user out of the loop. This eliminates dependence on user actions for network and computer system security. Rather than have automatic installation without user intervention, we can also choose to have the apps published for on demand installation. Installation of software requires you just to request it, which reduces license consumption by those users who install everything available in case it is needed.
System Center Configuration Manager installation and controls ensure that no one installs unimproved software versions if external installation websites are blocked, such as Java Sun and Microsoft Installer websites. When used in conjunction with a locked desktop environment in which users cannot install anything except the available SCCM software, the risk of users installing infected and unofficial software versions of popular tools is greatly reduced, if not impossible.
There are many benefits to software installation using System Center Configuration Manager. These are just a powerful few that can save you time, money, and increase your organization's security.
- Creating and deploying applications
- Choosing the application detection method
- SCCM deployment benefits
- Deploying applications using PowerShell scripts
- Managing application supersedence and removal
- Managing and deploying virtual applications
- Creating virtual applications using the App-V Sequencer
- Managing and deploying Microsoft Store and Office 365 apps