Learn how create and deploy a virtual machine in Virtual Machine Manager 2016.
- [Narrator] Let's create our first virtual machine…on one of the hosts we've already deployed.…So, we're going to create a virtual machine on VMHost2,…and we can see here that in the VMs and Services,…we see the All Hosts and we see Portland.…And there's no virtual machines yet there.…Now, when we were in the Fabric we did see…the hosts when we clicked on Portland.…We saw vmhost2, but now we're in the VM area,…and we haven't actually deployed any virtual machines,…so there's nothing there.…
Let's click on Create Virtual Machine.…And choose Create Virtual Machine from the drop-down list.…Let's choose to create the new virtual machine…with a blank virtual hard disk.…And we could also create from a template as well,…but we haven't done anything with that yet,…so we don't have a template to use.…Let's go ahead and give this one a name.…We'll call it VMTest.…And you can make this a Generation 1 or a Generation 2.…Generation 2 is only for Windows Server 2012 or newer,…and even though we're on 2016, we could choose either one.…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.