The best way to learn is by doing. Dan walks through the creation of a simple runbook as a starting point for automating tasks using Orchestrator.
- [Instructor] In this demonstration,…I'll step through how to create a basic runbook…using Orchestrator.…Here in the Orchestrator Runbook Designer,…in the left-hand panel,…I've already got Runbook selected.…And we can see that we've got a number…of folders that already exist.…However, before we build a new runbook,…I'm going to right-click on Runbooks…and choose New Folder,…and I'm going to call it Exercises.…Then, what I'm going to do is…right-click on the Exercises folder…and I'll choose New, Runbook.…That adds the New Runbook tab up here, at the top…but I want to give it a better name than that,…so I'm going to right-click on it and choose Rename.…
And it's going to prompt me to check out the runbook,…so I'll choose Yes…and then, I'm going to call it Pinger…because we're going to use a couple of activities…to verify whether a machine is responding over the network.…So, before we actually do this in a production environment,…we always want to make sure that we carefully think about…what we're trying to accomplish with the runbook,…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.