Learn how to configure resource discovery. Explore the many ways to discover resources, such as listing in Active Directory.
- [Instructor] Before System Center Configuration Manager…can manage a computer or a server,…we need to push an agent out to be installed on the client.…We can use client-push installation to install…System Center Configuration Manager client software…on computers that Configuration Manager discovers.…We'll have an upcoming demonstration on how this is done.…The other way the agent can be put onto the client…would be a software installation.…You can manually install the System Center Configuration…Manager client software on computers…in your enterprise by using CCMsetup.exe.…
This program and its supporting files can be found…in the Client folder of your SCCM Installation folder.…You can also use the program file CCMsetup.exe…and a logon script to trigger the client installation.…And you can pre-install System Center Configuration Manager…client software on a master image computer…that will be used to build computers in your enterprise.…In most cases, one of the first discovery methods…that you'll enable is the Active Directory…
Note: Existing knowledge of Windows Servers and basic networking is recommended prior to watching this course.
- Creating device and user collections
- Configuring maintenance windows
- Configuring resource discovery
- Distributing content
- Creating queries and reports
- Deploying operating systems
- Maintaining the management infrastructure