There are a number of interacting components that make Orchestrator tick. Before deploying and using the product, Dan explains the overall Orchestrator architecture.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I'll talk about Microsoft System Center 2016…Orchestrator and its architecture.…We're going to focus on the components…that make up an Orchestrator environment…and their role within it.…Let's start by talking about the Orchestrator database.…This is a Microsoft SQL database,…so it lives on a SQL server…and it contains things like runbooks, logs,…and configuration data, such as that…that is related to the execution of jobs.…The Management Server component is a Windows service…that connects the Runbook Designer…with the Orchestrator database,…so, think of it as a middleman.…
The Runbook Server and we can have more than one of these,…talks to the Orchestrator database…and actually executes runbooks.…Then, when we install our Orchestrator environment,…we get prompted as to which components,…such as a Management Server or Runbook Server…that we want to deploy.…But, as we mentioned,…you could have more than one Runbook Server…that are deployed using a different tool, after the fact.…The next component we'll talk about…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.