Administering network hosts often involves running maintenance utilities at specific times. In this video find out how to trigger programs and commands when disk space runs low.
- [Instructor] Even with how inexpensive disk space…is these days, when we're talking about on premises…physical and virtual servers, it can still be an issue.…So we need then to make sure that we watch…for when disk space is getting low,…and in this demo, that's exactly what's going to happen.…We're going to monitor for free disk space on a host,…or we could do it for multiple hosts,…for example if we're using a computer group,…and if we have a certain threshold…that is violated for the amount of free space…that's acceptable, we're going to delete temporary files,…and then we're going to append to a text log file…the fact that this has occurred,…while including a list of the deleted files.…
So let's get started.…So we'll learn to build a new runbook in…the runbook designer tool.…So over on the left, I'm going to right click on a folder…where I want to place that runbook,…and I'll choose new runbook, and it adds the…new runbook tab up across the top.…I'll click on that, F2 it, I'll choose yes…to check it out, and I'm going to call this CheckDiskSpace,…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.