Azure runbooks are available directly in the Azure cloud. Orchestrator runbooks can also be used to manage Azure cloud resources. Find out what is needed to run both Azure and Orchestrator runbooks for Azure cloud resource management.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I'll talk about Azure runbooks.…Microsoft Azure is a Cloud based platform,…and in it we can work with system center Orchestrator.…For instance, we can install system center Orchestrator…roles that run on Azure virtual machines,…so it doesn't have to run in a virtual machine…on premises, nor does Orchestrator have to run…on a physical machine.…There's also the concept in Microsoft Azure of runbooks.…Just like we have an Orchestrator.…However, it's a little bit different.…
It requires what's called an Automation account.…And it's not directly related to runbooks and Orchestrator.…However, we'll still take a quick look here in the Azure…portal, since the term runbook comes up often.…And these days that also applies to the Cloud.…Here in the Azure graphical portal, I've got a resource…I've already created.…It's called Automation account one.…So runbooks in the Azure cloud have to run within…an Automation account or through it.…Now, I've popped up the settings for that Automation account…
This course teaches administrators how to automate the monitoring and deployment of data center resources using Orchestrator 2016. Instructor Daniel Lachance begins with a discussion of Orchestrator components and interactions, and walks through the installation of an Orchestrator environment. Then he explores Runbook Designer, the tool for creating various automation solutions related to file management, user onboarding, and more. Follow along and learn how to create your own runbooks with this integral tool, and optimize and reduce your workload.
- Understanding the Orchestrator architecture: from database to console
- Planning an Orchestrator deployment
- Verifying the installation
- Exploring Runbook Designer
- Creating runbooks
Skill Level Beginner
Learn System Center 2016: Operations Managerwith Robert McMillen3h 8m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Virtual Network Implementationwith Sharon Bennett1h 20m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Core Functionalitieswith David Elfassy2h 52m Intermediate
1. Orchestrator Architecture
2. Orchestrator Installation
3. Orchestrator Runbook Designer
4. Runbook Design
5. Runbook Creation
Next steps3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.