Learn how import and export custom resources in Virtual Machine Manager. This functionality also enables you to transfer files between library servers that are associated with different VMM management servers.
- [Voiceover] Custom resources are created using PowerShell…that deploy applications and other resource packages…in Virtual Machine Manager.…Custom resource creation goes beyond the scope…of this course…however, you can find out more from technet.com…if you'd like to pursue custom resource creation.…As an administrator, you do need to know how to import…and export .cr or custom resource files,…so they can be deployed into virtual machines.…We're still in the library,…and we see our application framework…and we see several different custom resources…that are already included in Virtual Machine Manager.…
So what we can do is we can import and export…these custom resources so they can be used…in other virtual machine manager servers.…Let's go ahead and start by exporting.…Go ahead and click on the export physical resource.…And when we do, a new box pops up,…let's go ahead and click add.…And we can choose any one of our different resources.…We see the VHD files from earlier,…we can also click a custom resource if we want.…
- Creating host groups
- Adding and managing VMM hosts
- Managing VMware hosts
- Setting up logical and VM networks
- Creating port profiles and logical switches
- Configuring load balancing
- Deploying a virtual machine
- VMM library
- Deploying virtual machines and services in VMM
- VMM profiles and templates
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Virtual Machine Manager
2. VMM Hosts
3. VMM Networking
4. VMM Storage
5. VMM Library
6. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services in VMM
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.