Join Daniel Lachance for an in-depth discussion in this video Publish a service offering to the Self-Service Portal, part of Learning System Center 2016 Service Manager.
- [Instructor] Another important aspect of System Center…Service Manager is the self service web portal.…From here, we can configure the service catalog…so that users can provision new types…of service offerings for themselves.…For example, maybe requesting application access,…or a configuration change, or new hardware.…So let's go ahead and talk about what needs to be done…to configure that, here in the Service Manager console.…I'm already in the library workspace, and on the left,…I've already clicked on the lists view.…
I'm gonna filter this for the word service.…So we've got a list here, automatically, called service…offering category, and it's got one entry, called general.…Well, I'm gonna add an item here,…and it's gonna be for my Service Manager service request…configuration library, I'll click OK,…and it simply says list value,…so I'm gonna change that to be something meaningful.…The goal is, I want users to be able to request…application access for sensitive applications.…
So therefore, I want a service offering category…
- What is System Center 2016 Service Manager (SM)?
- Installing the SM data warehouse server
- Configuring SM
- Configuring incident, problem, and change request settings
- Creating incidents, problems, and change requests
- Creating a compliance baseline workflow
- Publishing a service offering to the Self-Service Portal