Join Daniel Lachance for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore the Self-Service Portal, part of Learning System Center 2016 Service Manager.
- The Service Manager Self Service Portal…is a separate installation so it's separate from…the management server and from the data warehouse…server and the service manager console installation.…It's essentially a web application.…And as the name implies, it allows self service…activities for user like perhaps requesting…a password reset or doing it by themselves without help desk…intervention or maybe requesting access to an application…they currently don't have access to or maybe making a…request to get a new smart phone.…
Any of those things can be configured and can show up…as a service offering in the catalog…here in the self service portal.…Now I've popped in the URL for the self service…portal in my environment so I've got the hostname:444,…that's the listening port and it asks me to provide…a username and a password.…In this case, I'm gonna specify credentials for an…active directory user account that has been…synchronized and exists in the service manager database.…U1 for user 1 and I'll go ahead and click sign in.…
- What is System Center 2016 Service Manager (SM)?
- Installing the SM data warehouse server
- Configuring SM
- Configuring incident, problem, and change request settings
- Creating incidents, problems, and change requests
- Creating a compliance baseline workflow
- Publishing a service offering to the Self-Service Portal