Join Daniel Lachance for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure notification settings, part of Learning System Center 2016 Service Manager.
- [Instructor] Service Manager has the ability…to send out notifications based on something…that happens in Service Manager.…So for example, if we've got a new change request,…maybe to reconfigure a printer then maybe that would…send a notification to a help desk analyst…that gets assigned to it?…Then they would know that there's a change request…that they have to deal with.…So to do that we need to have an SMTP server,…and we can install the built-in…Windows Server 2016 SMTP Server feature.…Here on my service manager host,…and I don't have to have SMPT running on that same host.…
But I do in my lab, I'm going to type in,…in PowerShell, get-windowsfeature…and I'm gonna use wildcard asterisks around the text smtp…I wanna see if that feature is installed…and I can see that both the SMTP server tools…as well as the SMTP server itself indeed are installed.…Usually doing this through PowerShell making sure something…is there or not is quicker than doing it through…the server manager GUI.…And if it wasn't install then we could simply use…
- What is System Center 2016 Service Manager (SM)?
- Installing the SM data warehouse server
- Configuring SM
- Configuring incident, problem, and change request settings
- Creating incidents, problems, and change requests
- Creating a compliance baseline workflow
- Publishing a service offering to the Self-Service Portal