This video shows you how profiles are used for controlling the display of objects to be assigned to tasks.
- [Instructor] Objects being associated with a task…will typically have a use profile associated with them.…The use profile configures the way…that an object is displayed, before the task,…during the task, and after the task.…And you can find your use profiles…under Resource Appearance Profiles on the navigator.…If you need to expand out System Profiles,…you can by clicking on the triangle.…And then you'll find the four default use profiles,…which are called Install, Maintain, Remove, and Temporary.…
By the way, to associate a use profile with an object,…you need to first select on the object,…come up to the bar, and then choose either…Install, Maintain, Remove, Temporary,…or a custom one that you create.…Then go to your task, right-click on the task,…and assign those selected resources to the task.…Whatever displays on the bar, that's the use profile…that'll be associated with that object.…To get a better picture of how the use profiles work,…let's take a look at this image.…
During the install phase,…an object just won't appear on the screen,…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.