The view cube makes navigating around a 3D model easier. This video demonstrates its uses.
- [Instructor] The View Cube is a tool…used to explore 3D models.…Currently I have my View Cube shut off…and for many people when you first install Synchro…the View Cube will be shut off in the default projects.…To turn on the View Cube first go to the 3D tab,…go to indicators, then select on the axis indicator button.…Then on the right hand side you'll either…see a fast settings button or you'll just see…the heading fast settings.…
Then put a check mark next to View Cube manipulator.…And for most people that will start the View Cube.…If for some reason you still can't see the View Cube…in the lower left hand corner of your view,…what you'll need to do is go to the home tab,…select on options, go to 3D View, Advanced,…and then select Advanced Presentation Mode (DirectX 11).…Restart Synchro and then you'll see…the View Cube on your screen.…Now I'm just going to click on okay.…
Now to use the View Cube we can select on…any of the faces of the View Cube to rotate…the model around to the corresponding…view from the View Cube.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.