This video shows how to synchronize the model in Synchro with the updated 3D model without losing the relationship of the objects to their tasks.
- [Instructor] Synchro allows us to synchronize…any model updates with the task inside of Synchro.…Currently we have a site file along…with a concrete pad and this concrete pad,…and I'll hit escape to deselect from it…is associated with task number one…which is pad one.…If I select on the red triangle and then…move that focus time over toward the left…hand side we can see that pad number one…highlights and then disappears before it was constructed.…
If we move the triangle back the pad comes back.…So it's associated with pad number one.…Now if a change was made to the original model…we could update that inside of Synchro…without affecting the assigned task.…Under Navigator select external data.…If you need to expand out IFC go ahead and do that now.…Don't click on the next line but just right click on it…and select on synchronize from.…
That means that we'll synchronize…from the file that we pick next.…The file that comes up is the original file,…the site version one.…And if we made any changes to site version one…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.