This video introduces the various file formats the software can access.
- [Instructor] Synchro supports a variety…of file types that can be brought into the software.…That includes standard Synchro project files,….sp and .spx files.…Also, we can bring in IFC files by coming…up to File, highlighting Import,…then choosing IFC.…Also, we can find a large list of different…files that can be brought in by selecting…on 3D from Import, so select on 3D,…go to Add Files, where it has all the…importable files, click, and here we can…see a list of all the files that can be…imported directly into Synchro,…including AutoCAD DWG files, Autodesk DWF files,…Sketch-Up files, MicroStation .dgn files,…Inventor, Catia, Dassault, Rhino,…SolidWorks, STEP files, and a variety…of other kinds of common file types.…
Also, you can bring in Navisworks projects…as well as Revit projects by installing…the add-in into those software programs…and then have them export out Synchro files…that can then be opened inside of Synchro.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.